The #1 bestseller and gripping Richard & Judy Book Club pick
- 'Really good, gripping. I couldn't bear for it to finish... I don't want to move onto the next book too soon as it feels like a betrayal.' OLIVIA COLMAN
- 'I swear I didn't breathe the whole time I was reading it. Gripping, pacy, brilliantly twisty.' CLARE MACKINTOSH
- 'A twisty and engrossing story of betrayal and redemption.' IAN RANKIN
FROM THE #1 BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF THEN SHE WAS GONE
In a large house in London's fashionable Chelsea, a baby is awake in her cot. Well-fed and cared for, she is happily waiting for someone to pick her up.
In the kitchen lie three decomposing corpses. Close to them is a hastily scrawled note.
They've been dead for several days.
Who has been looking after the baby?
And where did they go?
Two entangled families.
A house with the darkest of secrets.
A compulsive new thriller from Lisa Jewell.
- 'Rich, dark and intricately twisted, this enthralling whodunnit mixes family saga with domestic noir to brilliantly chilling effect.' RUTH WARE
- 'You don't read a Lisa Jewell book, you fall into it. It takes huge talent to establish a whole world in the turn of two pages.' ERIN KELLY
- 'Creepy, intricate and utterly immersive: an excellent holiday read.' GUARDIAN
- 'I had an unrelentingly pleasurable and thrilling for-God's-sake-tell-me-what-happened sensation in my stomach for the entire read ... Stupendous!' RUTH JONES
- 'Absolutely brilliant. Great characterisation, a fascinating and dark set up and a great conclusion. She's always great but this is next level stuff.' SARAH PINBOROUGH
- 'Few writers of psychological suspense devise such swift, slippery plots; fewer still people their stories with characters so human and complex. Lisa's Jewell's The Family Upstairs glitters like a blade and cuts even deeper.' AJ FINN
- 'Whenever I pick up a Lisa Jewell novel I know I'm in for a compelling, immersive and unputdownable read and The Family Upstairs is one of her very best' CL TAYLOR
- 'I had hoped to save The Family Upstairs for my holiday, but failed miserably ... I was hooked from the first page. I think it's her best yet and hands down my favourite book so far this year.' ALICE FEENEY
- 'Utterly compelling. Deliciously dark and twisty with characters who live on in your head. Lisa Jewell just keeps getting better and better.' JANE CORRY
- 'It's absolutely bloody brilliant and I can't tell you much I wish I'd written it.' TAMMY COHEN
- 'It's SO GOOD!' INDIA KNIGHT
- 'I loved The Family Upstairs!' SARAH JESSICA PARKER
Readers are obsessed with The Family Upstairs:
- 'I read so many books in the crime/mystery genre that it becomes harder to find a book that stands out. This one succeeded!! Hooked from page one'
- 'I totally adored this book. All of Lisa Jewell's books are fabulous, but something about this one is extra special.'
- 'Absolutely absorbing ... thoroughly enjoyed it'
- 'Kept me captivated from the very beginning ... Definitely worth reading - as long you like reading into the night!'
- 'What a book. Clever would be an understatement. And those last pages left me with chills. The concept had me intrigued and the execution had me captivated. I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!'